Most people enjoy listening to the radio in their car or at home. Some are just annoyed, but some like to listen to new music on their favorite radio station. The main difference is the continuity and effect through the concept of myth. Professionally selected words, music, and announcers’ cheerful voices reduce the hostile atmosphere in any individual society. For a long time, radio has gained a high place in popularity ratings at the same level as television.
Often, an actor’s voice, recognition, charisma, and soundtrack play an essential role in a properly created advertising project. These qualities determine the specificity of advertising on radio, by the way, and television too. The price range of advertising on radio is several orders of magnitude lower than on TV, which allows absolutely anyone, an individual entrepreneur, a large company or a small store, to use it, introducing their listeners to a new product, service or upcoming promotions.
The radio accompanies us throughout the day; some listen in the morning, someone in the evening or at night. It is constantly listened to, and it covers a vast audience. The advertised service or product is postponed in the listener’s subconscious, which ultimately will transfer from the radio listener to the category of a potential client. Radio, like a newspaper, has firmly taken root in everyday life, accompanying us on the way to work, travelling, in the process of creation or physical labor. Radio advertisements are broadcast only through audio. The radio advertising costs South Africa are meagre; that’s why Radio ads are on the rise in South Africa.
Why Advertise on Radio?
Many types of shows are broadcast on the radio. You can promote radio ads based on popular radio shows. Because popular shows have a larger audience, your ads can reach a larger audience. The radio advertising rates helps you be creative because you have to rely on the imagination of the customers to create the visual.
Types of Radio Ads:
The primary and most frequently used types of advertising are:
- Direct advertising: Place a commercial with an announcement of a product or service in the broadcast grid.
- Sponsorship and information sponsorship: The advertising company sponsors the program or heading, which is announced at the beginning and end of the program or heading; the company can also act as an information partner.
Radio Advertising Cost:
As is the case with other media, the cost of placing a radio advertisement is made up of many factors. These include, in particular:
- The time at which the audio clip will be broadcast and its timing (spent airtime);
- The level of popularity of the radio station;
- Participation of famous people in the reading of advertising (if any).
- Additional nuances: for example, markups are provided for positioning within the ad unit.
Advantage and Disadvantage of Radio Advertising:
Radio advertising has several advantages that are inaccessible or difficult to achieve in other types of advertising. In particular, these include:
- Low cost: due to the lack of the need to create a visual series;
- High targeting accuracy: each radio station has already formed its target audience, whose interests and needs are more or less known;
Even when listening in the “background” mode, the transmitted sound information is captured and fixed at the level of associations and images.
- On the other hand, audio advertising on the radio has some disadvantages and limitations:
- The lack of visual row for some people makes it difficult to perceive advertising information;
- A low level of concentration of a potential consumer (listening to the radio, a person usually goes about his business and his attention is not focused on what they are saying);
- A significant part of the listeners are people driving who cannot write down contact information, and few remember it the first time.